Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bees Please!

This manicure is actually from this past summer, but I never posted it.  It's pretty different from any design that I would normally do.  This is more like a painting, whereas I usually do simple designs that aren't as cohesive.  I used China Glaze Sea Spray and Lemon Fizz, OPI Black Onyx, Pirouette My Whistle, and Alpine Snow, and Essie Pretty Edgy.  For more info and pictures click "Read more".
I started with a coat of base coat and two layers of Sea Spray.  Sea Spray is from the Anchors Away collection from a couple of years ago. On my thumb and pinky I used Pretty Egdy for the stems of my flowers, Alpine Snow for the petals, and Lemon Fizz for the center.  I used a toothpick to make the lines for the flowers and did the flowers like a normal nail flower, just closer together.  I used the blunt end of a toothpick dipped in Black Onyx to make the dots and I just did a random trail of dots.  For my bee I alternated black and yellow dots for the body, put two small black dots as its antennae and two big white dots for its wings.  I felt it needed a little extra sparkle, so I added a coat of Pirouette My Whistle to all of my nails.  I finished it all off with a coat of Seche Vite quick dry top coat.  If you have any questions or comments leave them in the Comment Section below.  Enjoy a few more pictures and remember to tell us what you think!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...