Sunday, November 4, 2012

My 2nd Attempt At A Tape Mani


Sorry we haven't posted in like forever.  We've been really busy and haven't been able to paint our nails/ blog about them very often.  From now on we're going to try to post at least twice a week.  This is my second try at using striping tape.  It came out pretty sloppy.  I used China Glaze Cheers To You, OPI Save Me, OPI Black Onyx, and CG Fairy Dust.  For More Pictures and more info on how I did this click "Read More"




To do this mani I painted on CG Cheers To You with a coat of OPI Save Me, from the Nicki Minaj Collection, on top.  I applied a thin coat of Seche Vite fast drying top coat to help it dry a little more quickly.  I then place the tape where I wanted the silver to show through.  I bought the striping tape on Amazon, but you can get it on ebay and other websites.  I then painted Black Onyx on top and took the tape off ASAP.  For this step you should do each nail one at a time because if you leave the striping tape and the polish starts to dry on top your lines won't come out as clean.  After that I put a coat of CG Fairy Dust to add a little bit more sparkle.  I finished it with two coats of Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat.  I'm still learning how to make it look really clean, but practice makes perfect, so I thought I would share it with you anyways.  If you have any suggestions, questions, or comments leave them in the comment section below.  Here are more pictures (I'm still learning how to take a really good picture of my nails so bear with me) :
Indoors:





Natural Light:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...